Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Former Atheist Writng Conversion Story

My favorite blogger is writing a book. She used to be a pro-choice atheist. Now she's staunchly pro-life and Catholic. Her blog has given her many readers (including me) much to think about. In gratitude, I'll promote her book in any way I can.

Here's the link to the post talking about her book. While you're there, you might want to hang around her blog for awhile.


Conversion Diary: I'm writing a book! - The diary of a former atheist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
AFTER CONVERSION DO YOU SEE HOW THE PRINCIPLES OF YOUR FAITH DIRECT YOU VS. HOW OTHERS ARE DIRECTED?
I SEE HOW BIG AUTHORITY IS. OTHERS WHO DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HIGHER THAN THEMSELVES CAUSES DISASTROUS EFFECTS IN THEIR LIVES.
SIGNIFICANT PERSON IN MY LIFE, WHO INITIALLY MUST HAVE BEEN MY TRANSPORT TOWARD GOD, CHOSES NOW TO NOT ACT BASED UPON FAMILY TRADITION OR SOME NORM THAT IS NOT FULLY APPARENT. THEY OPT TO BLAME PEOPLE OTHER THAN THEIR OWN ACTIONS FOR BLUNDERS, WHERE AS IF THEY HAD ATTENDED CHURCH USED AUTHORITY FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE AROUND THEM MANY DISASTERS MAY HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.
ARE WE JUST IN SEEING THIS, OR JUDGEMENTAL AS THEY WOULD LIKE TO TAG US AS BEING?
AFTER CONVERTING YOU CANNOT HELP AT SOME HUMAN LEVEL TO SEE THE WORLD WORKING UPON OTHERS? HOW DO YOU BALANCE THIS WITH FAITH? HOW OUGHT WE DEAL WITH THE DIFFERENCE?
LET ME KNOW IF YOU CHOSE TO CONSIDER MY QUESTION. THANK YOU

Yes, I'm Catholic said...

I don't know how to let you know if I answer this. You didn't leave an email or a link to your own blog, or somewhere else where I could contact you.

Let me know if you see this. If you do, I would like to answer the very good questions you pose.